Netflix today announced the final cast for second season of global hit Squid Game, as anticipation continues to soar after the first cast members were revealed at Tudum: A Global Fan Event earlier this month.
This week, cast members and showrunners gathered for their first table read, with the production of Squid Game Season 2 starting later this year. From rising stars to veteran actors, the ensemble cast boasts a diverse range of talent and experiences. Director Hwang Dong Hyuk, who won an Emmy for the first season, will return to direct and executive produce the entire second season.
The additional cast includes:
- Park Gyu Young: Well known for her role in Netflix series Sweet Home Seasons 1 and 2, she is also starring in the upcoming Netflix series Celebrity.
- Jo Yu Ri: The singer and actress is known as a former member of South Korean-Japanese girl group Iz*One.
- Kang Ae Shim: A highly respected theater and musical actress in Korea, her performance in TV series Be Melodramatic and Netflix series Move to Heaven left a deep impression on the audience.
- Lee David: Best known for his supporting roles in director Hwang’s film The Fortress, he met Lee Jung-jae through the film, Svaha: The Sixth Finger.
- Lee Jin Wook: Starred in Netflix series Sweet Home Seasons 1 and 2, he is also known for his roles in various Korean dramas and films, including in one of director Hwang’s biggest films, Miss Granny.
- Choi Seung Hyun (T.O.P): The singer and actor has starred in various Korean films and TV series such as Tazza: The Hidden Card and Commitment.
- Roh Jae Won: Making his acting debut in 2021, he is fast gaining recognition through films like Missing Yoon and Ditto.
- Won Ji An: Made an impressive debut on the first season of Netflix series D.P.
‘Squid Game’ Season 2
- The final cast of ‘Squid Game’ Season 2: Lee Jung Jae, Lee Byung Hun, Yim Si Wan, Kang Ha Neul, Park Gyu Young, Park Sung Hoon, Jo Yu Ri, Wi Ha Jun, Yang Dong Geun, Kang Ae Shim, Lee David, Choi Seung Hyun, Roh Jae Won, and Lee Jin Wook.
- Director: Hwang Dong Hyuk
- Executive Producers: Hwang Dong Hyuk, Kim Ji Yeon
- Writer: Hwang DongHyuk
- Production Company: Firstman Studio