The highly anticipated Amazon Original series Gen V comes from the world of The Boys, created by Amazon Studios and Sony Pictures Television, and will premiere exclusively on Prime Video on September 29.
Join us as we take stock of what we know about the series and its characters in the first season.
Who’s in the cast of Gen V?
- Jaz Sinclair as Marie Moreau, a bloodbender with a tragic past.
- Jaz Sinclair plays Marie Moreau, an 18-year-old superhero with the ability to control and weaponize her own blood. As an incoming freshman at Vought-run Godolkin University, she is eager to prove she has what it takes to join The Seven, but is sidetracked by a mystery she begins to unravel at the school.
- Chance Perdomo as Andre Anderson, a famous metal bender.
- Chance Perdomo plays Andre Anderson, a junior at Godolkin University with magnetic powers. He’s Golden Boy’s best friend and the son of famous superhero, Polarity; Andre has big shoes to fill as he’s set to take over the Polarity name once his dad retires. When Andre realizes that something is afoot at the school, he takes it into his own hands to try and figure out the mystery.
- Lizze Broadway as Emma Meyer, a half-inch sized Supe with the ability to grow to regular size.
- Lizze Broadway plays Emma Meyer, who is also known by her superhero name, Little Cricket, for her ability to get super small. Though insecure and naive, which often leaves her in compromising positions, she becomes close friends with her freshman roommate, Marie, and together they navigate the mysterious dangers at Godolkin University.
- Maddie Phillips as Cate Dunlap, a mind empath.
- Maddie Phillips plays Cate Dunlap, a junior at Godolkin University who is good friends with Jordan and Andre. Cate is able to push people to do anything she commands using the touch of her hands, which she uses to her advantage. Powerful and confident, she’s also Luke’s girlfriend, making her one of the most popular supes on campus.
- Derek Luh and London Thor as Jordan Li, a gender-shifter.
- London Thor and Derek Luh play Jordan Li, a competitive student at Godolkin University who will do anything to get to the top. They have a unique ability of changing between male and female forms, through which different powers manifest— the man is dense and indestructible, while the woman is agile and can launch energy blasts. Their distinct sets of powers make them a standout TA at Brink’s School of Crime Fighting.
- Asa Germann as Sam, a young Supe with super strength and invulnerability.
- Asa Germann plays Sam, a troubled supe who is desperately trying to escape his unfortunate circumstances. He’s extremely powerful, with super strength and invulnerability. Despite having a good heart, he’s plagued by his hallucinations, which sometimes make it hard for him to discern between what is—and is not—reality.
- Shelley Conn as Indira Shetty, the superintendent of Godolkin University who does not have superpowers.
- Shelley Conn plays Indira Shetty, the dean of Godolkin University. She doesn’t have powers, but her background in superhero psychology and her peerless ability to analyze what makes supes tick make her indispensable to the school. Her goal is to transform Godolkin University into the most elite college for supes and she takes a special interest in Marie when she arrives on campus.
- Patrick Schwarzenegger as Luke Riordan / Golden Boy, a popular student and fire manipulator.
- Patrick Schwarzenegger plays Luke Riordan, who is also known by his superhero name, Golden Boy, because of his ability to light his entire body on fire. He is a senior at Godolkin University and is in the top rank, having the brightest prospects of joining The Seven.
- Sean Patrick Thomas as Polarity, Andre’s dad, and a famous superhero.
- Sean Patrick Thomas plays Polarity, Andre’s father and largely celebrated Godolkin University alumnus and trustee. Polarity expects his son to follow in his footsteps by taking over the Polarity name when he retires. He believes Andre is destined for The Seven and will stop at nothing to make his dream become reality.
- Marco Pigossi as Doctor Edison Cardosa
- Jason Ritter
- Alexander Calvert
- Clancy Brown as Richard “Rich Brink” Brinkerhoff, a renowned professor at Godolkin University.
- Derek Wilson as Robert Vernon / Tek-Knight
- Jessie T. Usher as Reggie Franklin / A-Train
- Colby Minifie as Ashley Barrett
- Claudia Doumit as Victoria Neuman
- P. J. Byrne as Adam Bourke
- Jensen Ackles as Ben / B.C.L. RED / Soldier Boy
- Chace Crawford as Kevin Moskowitz / The Deep
Watch the trailer for Gen V
What happens in Gen V?
Set in the diabolical world of The Boys, Gen V expands the universe to Godolkin University, the prestigious superhero-only college where students train to be the next generation of heroes—preferably with lucrative endorsements. You know what happens when supes go bad, but not all superheroes start out corrupt. Beyond the typical college chaos of finding oneself and partying, these kids are facing explosive situations … literally. As the students vie for popularity and good grades, it’s clear that the stakes are much higher when super powers are involved. When the group of young supes discover that something bigger and sinister is going on at school, they’re put to the test: Will they be the heroes or the villains of their stories?